Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fun New Project


I'm so completely addicted to anything crafty, and like to spend my free time hunting down craft ideas. I've found several fun crafty blogs, but this one really caught my attention this week. When Tattoo was a baby, he had the cutest onesie with a necktie printed on it. I was so sad when he outgrew it, and never found another one. Dummy me, I also never thought to try to make one, until I came across this post...a tutorial for making that exact shirt! I printed her template for the necktie, which is about just the right size for Tattoo. On Kaiden it would have only come to the top of his tummy, so I modified it for him, making it a couple inches longer. I found the long sleeve tees at Walmart for $3.50 each, and the fabric and wonder-under for the ties was only $3. So I was able to make both shirts for $10 total ($5 each) when I would have paid at least $10 for a similar product at the store. I had so much fun making them that I went back in search of more materials. I found a superman-blue shirt on clearance for $1 that is Tattoo's size and I got a navy shirt for Kaiden (not on clearance). Now, I'm going to get over to Joann's in hope of finding a Superman-print fabric for the ties for the new shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment