Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A change is gonna come...

The older my kids get, the more I realize how beneficial it is for both them and me that I am a slacker mom. Yes, I am a slacker mom and proud of it. I was raised by a slacker mom (and she's proud of it too, so don't worry that I'm "outing" her). I've struggled to come up with posts for this blog, so I've decided on a theme to help me out: Life as a Slacker Mom. I would like to post on the day to day activities that showcase my life as a slacker mom, with both successes and failures. I also consider part of being a slacker mom as being thrifty, so I will continue to post on home cooking, amazing shopping deals, and crafts that help me to save money.
First of all, to define slacker mom, so that no one thinks I'm just a lazy mom. 2 very different things. Slacker moms are moms who reject any over-parenting models that involve children being sent to every possible after-school improvement option, with mom staying up till dawn baking homemade cookies before rushing off to work or starting the day's tasks.
Come join me in my adventure and mistakes in parenting!

2 comments:

  1. Speaking as 'your' slacker mom, I think this is a great idea! So many kids are overbooked, overindulged and overentitled. Great idea to share ways to combat those problems! I'll be watching. lol.

    ReplyDelete